Sunday, March 9, 2014

Where Yo Girlfriend At?

I'm almost embarrassed to come back after almost a month of being away. Honestly I started off this year being all "Yay I'm going to be amazing and blog all the time!" Well I suck and that didn't happen. Case closed. End of story. 

A few MAJOR things have been going on with my life...and by major I mean minor, but I'm excited so MAJOR. 
{one}
While away I have all of a sudden become OBSESSED with all things beauty related. I've watched about 1 million (no exaggeration) youtube videos and spent way to much money on new products.
I want to be real with you though my makeup STILL looks like this 
90% of the time!
{picture via Clowns}

{two}
I have been toying with the idea of creating a second beauty blog. I know what you immediately just thought "Angi, you haven't blogged on the current blog you have in almost a month and you want to start a second one?" BUT I have so much to share and this blog isn't beauty related what.so.ever. AND I kinda want to keep it that way. 

So let's thumbs up or down this one...I want FEEDBACK! 

{three}
Josh and I had an anniversary. WOOP WOOP the big 4 years of dating! Although it didn't come with a ring, (he must not like it because he didn't put a ring on it) it did get me an Ipsy subscription. Which in my opinion is the next best thing. If you don't know what Ipsy is either you can google it or put on your patient pants and wait for me to share more about it. (Once again this could possibly be on a beauty blog rather than on here I JUST CAN'T DECIDE!!!) 
I googled patient pants just to see what kind of picture I would get and yeah...
I laughed for minutes.
{picture via SHOP}

{four}
I thought a lot about what I want to do with this blog. Guys I didn't just forget that I blogged (My family/Josh's reminded me multiple times that I haven't been blogging) I just wasn't sure anymore what I was doing here. 

I took off the option to follow me via GFC for a few reasons 1. I never use it nor do I know how 2. I want to care less about who is following me. I also took off my count of how many people follow me on bloglovin' because YOU DON'T CARE! I want you to click follow me on bloglovin' so I can follow you back and check your blog out, but that is it. 

I want to have relationships with other bloggers NOT care that I have 69 or 1 million followers (who you don't interact with anyway!) Makin' BIG changes people! 

Help I'm hot and lost...(well he's hot, I'm lost!)
{picture via Tadpole}

We were all over the place here on Can't Buy Me Love and I just wasn't going to have that. 

With all of that being said I am back for this week...
I want your feedback on starting a beauty blog or just incorporating it some how on here.

Angi

14 comments:

  1. without GFC folks can't add you and you to blog dashboard which is far more easier than blog lovin.

    Just letting you know I'm following you on bloglovin. I rarely come on here though. Would love a follow back. Have a great week.

    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your attitude on followers! I have truly missed you blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you want to add your beauty tips on this, it would be great! managing more than one blog, I can imagine, would be pretty difficult with everything else in life going on.

    Also, I like GFC because I think it's a lot easier to use and people can click it and bam! They're following you and when they log in to blogger, they can easily see that you've posted. I barely go on bloglovin because it takes a bit more to load...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty tips work great I'm going to be blunt honest I did follow you on bloglovin it was clearly obvious you did not follow back due to seeing a comment on every 3rd old post when I was on your updated one . It had nothing to do with the numbets but who really a true follower someone who do not mind having the courtesy to visit back. I have so many followers and I keep up even with my hectic schedule and business travel. I'm a true follower.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like using both because my blog earns and income, and my sponsors need to see how many followers i have. i'm all for readers, not followers, so i hear ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. incorporate them in here! imo, managing TWO blogs is so much work. i sometimes have beauty tips on my blog and my blog is far from a fashion/beauty one but when i find something i love, i share it :)

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people still prefer to follow via GFC so it isn't all bad, but I do understand what you're saying on having to look at that number all the time!

    I would say incorporate beauty onto this blog - maybe a day a week so your readers know what to expect? I for one am not interested in make-up (it's not you, it's me!) so I will know to "skip" those days and others who just want a beauty blog will pay attention those days. I think it would be easier for you to just have one blog with more of a beauty focus on certain days. Good luck with whatever you decide - I definitely have lots to learn so I will check out at least a post or two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on four years! And on the Ispy subscription. I love Ipsy - and I'm looking forward to getting this month's bag today or tomorrow. Woohoo!

    I think we all feel lost when it comes to blogging sometimes. It's nice that you want to care less about the numbers and more about the relationships with people. Really, that is how blogging should be!

    Just do whatever makes you happy!

    I review my Ipsy bags sometimes because they're fun to share, even though I'm a lifestyle blogger. If that helps at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you shared beauty stuff on here, I would be all ears! (eyes?) We're (mostly) ladies here for the most part and I guess I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly wouldn't mind! Beauty IS a part of life... so it's only natural for it to come up on a lifestyle blog anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shouldn't even comment b/c I'm now scared to death to even sleep. yea scared of clowns

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you should just incorporate it into this one. It is really hard to manage one let alone two. I love my Ipsy subscription so I am sure you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a huge fan of beauty blogs, but one I follow religiously is Elle Sees: http://ellesees.blogspot.com/ I absolutely adore her videos and I just think she is the sweetest, spunky person. So I guess it's more her personality that draws me in, but then her beauty reviews are great too! I love the idea of not caring about followers... I think of removing the counters from my blog all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have seriously been wondering where the heck you have been!! I'm glad you are back but hope you enjoyed your break. Also, once you start with the youtube beauty videos you seriously can't stop. I can spend an embarrassing amount of time on there! haha
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary to you two! :D
    I say do both on ONE blog... I think 2 blogs will feel overwhelming. There's no reason you can't incorporate both - I mean, they're both part of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete

Has anyone told you that you are AWESOME today? Well I just did. Thanks for the support, comments, and general amazingness. Keep being great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...