Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Last Minute

I am generally a last minute person this time a year. I won't toot my own horn because I was out shopping yesterday for a few people myself, but I am good at being last minute (so I'm allowed!)

If you aren't good at being last minute this time of year I will share two pretty quick things to wipe up. First a hair style that is tacky, festive, and quick and second a gift for your best friend. (Fingers crossed my best friend doesn't read my blog today!)


{all pictures via personal photos}

I took to Pinterest a couple months back pinning everything Christmas when I came across a way to make my sock bun a reindeer, ha! 

Step 1: 
Supplies
Bobby Pins
Googly Eyes
Red Pom Poms
Glue
Brown Pipe Cleaners

Step 2: 
Glue the eyes and red pom poms to bobby pins and make those brown pipe cleaners antlers

Step 3:
Do your sock bun
and
Add the different pieces right too the bun.

Alright now that you did your hair your running around getting those gifts you forgot about...
I already got my best friend presents, but was feeling guilty that I didn't get her anything special. My mom was also on the hunt for something special for her best friend. 

Que Best Friend Mugs:

Basically this gift is good for you if you and your best friend lives in different states. I live in Kentucky and my best friend lives in Pennsylvania. My mom lives in Pennsylvania and her best friend lives in Maryland

Step 1:
Supplies
2 mugs 
A black and a red marker
An oven? (I don't know how detailed this has to be, ha!)

Step 2: 
Cut out your state and your best friends state
My mom and I used this PA cut out twice since my best friend and her both live in PA.
But we also needed a KY and MD!

Step 3:
We put Best on the inside of one mug and friend on the inside of the other. 
Trace the states onto the mugs. 
If you can free hand I recommend it, because the time made this one run. 
Draw a hear of the county you live in!


Step 4:
You want to connect the hearts of each state.
We added little loops to make it look a little nicer. 



Step 5:
We decided on this quote for the back...
"Best Friends forever Never Apart Maybe in distance but Never at heart"


Step 6:
I didn't take any pictures of this BUT it is VERY important. 
You are going to want to place your mugs into the oven THEN turn it to 425. Do NOT preheat the oven or they will crack. 
Leave them in their for about 30 minutes then turn the over off. Do NOT take them out right away. Let the over cool down completely then take them out or they will crack!

Have a Merry Christmas Eve everyone!



21 comments:

  1. those are cute ideas. merry christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice DIY's I actually painted some mugs as well this year it was loads of fun!

    Merry Christmas!
    http://christinanista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I still haven't seen her to give it to her, but I hope she loves them!

      Delete
  4. Your DIYs all turned out so cute!! I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sock bun made me laugh out loud and I LOVE those mugs! Such a cute idea! I'm going to use this for my friends birthday I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so easy and she will love it! I know the sock bun is a little tacky, but it was a hit.

      Delete
  6. OH MY GOSH these are too cute!!! ahhhh the bun is so quirky and the mugs are so heartwarming <333

    ReplyDelete
  7. those mugs are fabulous! I love them
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mugs are so cute and a great gift! Love the hair too, very festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! None of it was hard to do luckily!

      Delete
  9. Of course! I love meeting new people!

    ReplyDelete

Has anyone told you that you are AWESOME today? Well I just did. Thanks for the support, comments, and general amazingness. Keep being great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...