Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Labor Day Weekend Recap

I have been so busy since getting back from my highly anticipated Labor Day trip home. I wanted to share what all I did while I was home. Do not get too excited, it was a very relaxing vacation full of catching up with the most important people in my life. 
or 4!
{picture via Whisper Oaks}

Thursday: I left Thursday right after work and met Joshua at our home to follow him on our 8 hour drive home. (I followed him only because he sold one of his cars while we were home, since he got a company car). 

Friday: I was up bright and early to meet my best friend Jess for some shopping (which included hot pink lip stick (sneak preview) that I WILL be posting about soon) and lunch. We took advantage of the Labor Day weekend sales. I stopped for some catching up with my parents at their store then headed home to help them get ready for a wedding they were attending that night. FINALLY got a much needed haircut and eyebrow waxing.

Saturday: Josh, my parents, and I headed to Morning Star (a HUGE flea market) and enjoyed the warm weather. That afternoon my nieces and nephew, as well as, my brother and S-I-L came over to spend some time together. Saturday night I meet my new niece Nora and watching Kara (niece) and Isaac (nephew) sit on separate chairs because they are punished for being bad in school this past week. Josh and I headed to dinner at the Greenplate household then drinks at a local bar that night. I also had so much needed time catching up with his little sister

Sunday: I spent the day in Gettysburg with my parents wondering around looking at the different events set up because of the Labor Day weekend. Then later I met up with Josh to head to Mt. Gretna to meet our friend Ken for dinner, drinks, and catching up. I spent a lot of time in Mt. Gretna in middle school, I highly recommend the area for quiet vacations. It has a lake/beach, The Jigger Shop where we of course had to grab some of the best ice cream, and has the most adorable cottages. Side note, I had the most amazing drinks the first was a pineapple mojito and the second was a strawberry fizz (Click the names for recipes for each, I had to look them up as soon as I got home)

Monday: Included seeing my bestie for a total of 10 minutes to say cya and then hitting the road with my love. About 2 hours into our drive we got pulled over, but Josh got off pretty easy with no points and a minimal ticket. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Has anyone told you that you are AWESOME today? Well I just did. Thanks for the support, comments, and general amazingness. Keep being great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...